Extenuating Circumstances Policy
If you’re no longer able to go fishing due to circumstances that are unavoidable, unexpected, and beyond your control, you may qualify for a free cancellation under our Extenuating Circumstances Policy. Situations covered by the policy include, but are not limited to:
- Serious illness
- Government-mandated obligations
- Travel restrictions
- Natural disaster
- Political unrest
This policy only applies to cancellations initiated at least 24 hours before the trip was due to take place. It covers both customers and captains.
- If you are a customer, you will be offered a choice between a full refund of your deposit or FishingBooker credits of an equivalent or larger value than your deposit;
If you are a captain:
- You will not incur any changes to your ranking
- Your Instant Book status will not be affected
- You will not receive an automatic cancellation review
Depending on the circumstance, we may ask you to provide additional details so we can confirm that you qualify for the Extenuating Circumstances Policy. We will ask for additional documentation in the following circumstances:
- Serious illness: If you can’t complete your trip due to a serious illness affecting you or a member of your party, we may ask you to provide a statement from a doctor or other medical documentation. The documents must be dated after the reservation was made and before the reservation (trip) date.
- Death: If a trip can’t be completed due to the death of a customer, captain, family member, or a member of the traveling party, you may be asked to provide a death certificate, obituary, news article naming the deceased, or a police report.
- Government-mandated obligations: If you can’t complete your trip due to jury duty, court appearances, or other government-mandated obligations, you may be asked to provide a copy of an official notice.
- Travel restrictions: If you can’t complete your trip due to road closures, flight cancellations, train cancellations or other similar issues, you may be asked to provide confirmation of the cancellation or official proof that your movement is restricted or that you weren’t able to travel.
We’ll review any other circumstances that influence your ability to complete a trip. Among other things, we will not ask for additional documentation in the event of:
- Political unrest
- Natural disasters
- Other unprecedented disasters
If you don’t provide the required documentation within 15 days of making the cancellation, your cancelation may no longer qualify under the Extenuating Circumstances Policy. In that case, regular cancellation rules will apply.
We decide whether a cancellation is eligible under this policy on a case-by-case basis and, at our sole discretion, we may consider other factors when assessing your eligibility under this policy.
FishingBooker reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend the Extenuating Circumstances Policy. Any amendments shall not affect previous or pending claims made under previous Extenuating Circumstances Policies.